Mabbutt heart surgery, Cheick Tiote dies in training



I am sorry to have learned this morning about 55-year-old former Tottenham captain Gary Mabbutt MBE going into hospital and needing heart surgery. Chest pains and breathing problems are things I can relate to with a fibrillating heart myself on top of my eye scarring. My problem is minor, Gary's is a lot more serious and being from an era I was watching the lads every home game, players like Mabbutt and Perryman, another who has had problems, have a special place in my memories

Cheick Ismaël Tioté was an Ivorian international (he made 52 appearances and scored one goal for his country) who played as a defensive midfielder for Dutch teams Anderlecht, Roda JC (loan) and FC Twente before moving on to  Newcastle United before moving to China to represent Beijing Enterprises

It is with deep regret that we hear he has passed away after collapsing at training after only 11 games in China. This brings back memories of our own Ugo Ehiogu and his recent unexpected and sudden departure from us.


Trending at THBN - No1 Spurs Website
Giroud 1st Llorente 2nd Kane 3rd
A replacement for Eriksen needed

THBN - No1 Spurs website Recent Articles
Spurs, Man City, Man Utd scouting in Belgium
Spurs linked striker suffers injury, awaiting medical news
Van der Vaart thanks Spurs for gift, Winks in USA